Friday, October 7, 2011

My fast

so I am writing about fasting.  I am not doing a typical fast where I don't eat.  I can't for health reasons.  Breastfeeding and fasting is probably not a good idea.  Yes, I am still breastfeeding my ten month old.  I will do it as long as she wants to or two years which ever comes first.  That is a post for another time.  I am fasting from social networking.  No Facebook, No Google plus, no Twitter.  Twitter is not really a big deal.  I rarely use it.  Facebook and Google Plus however are another story.  It is how I keep in touch with everybody.  It is fast, easy, and convenient.  It is perfect for me because I loathe talking on the phone.  Yes, I know my mom is probably spitting her coffee on the screen.  As a teenager you could not get me off the phone.  Now I would rather just talk to the person, in person.  If no,t I would rather converse through typing.  I guess it is due to kids and not having them become wild wildebeests once I get on the phone.  However, most of my friendships are physically impossible to get together with being four hours apart.  There are things I need to concentrate on and purge in my life.  Social Networking prevents me from being able to do that.  It is addicting.  It makes it simple to know what is going with everybody.  This is good.   It makes it simple to know what is going on with everybody when I don't want to know what is going on with everybody.  This is bad.  There are some things I just don't need to know nor should be shared.  There are things that get misunderstood.  There are statuses posted that are cryptic which leads to speculation and rumor starting.  I forget not everybody is like me and if I don't understand what you are posting I will directly ask you and not assume it is something it is not.  ( well I may assume but that is why I ask to make sure what I am assuming is right.)  However, there are things that I also need to be in deep prayer on.  My life is living in the unknown.  It is the life of military living.  Nothing is guaranteed, EVER.   I need to be in prayer on wisdom and discernment on the decision my husband needs to make regarding staying in or getting out.  I am in prayer over the myriad of health issues that plague our family.  My husbands chronic bank pain, My eldest's ADHD tendencies, Abby's Achalasia, Hannah's unexplainable minor stomach pain and my weight and food issues.  (These last few you can read in my newest blog here.  put in your email if you want notifications.)  There are many things I want to do first before I look into medical intervention.   there are also people who have things going on that I am also in deep prayer for and every time I think about getting on the social networking, I go to intercession instead.  Just know that if you are one of them reading this.  I have never fasted before. I have tried food fasts but I am not joking every single time I have I found out a day or two later I was pregnant-NO JOKE.   This is what I am doing the next seven days.

No comments: