Saturday, August 11, 2012

running through mud puddles

again, I blog in my head while I run.  These past couple months have led to some great discoveries about myself. Some revealed this week.  There have been good things.  There have been some very hard things I have to deal with in myself.  Today I did something that signified some freedom.  I ran through a mud puddle.  To those reading this, that may be insignificant.  For me it is huge.  I have always wanted to jump in mud puddles.  that part of me that just wants to do it.  then my, what I call "my crazy" takes over and convinces me why I shouldn't.  what will everybody think? what will people say?  That will just look ridiculous to everybody driving by.  You are not thin enough to do that.  Today I decided those things don't matter.  I owned that mud puddle.  I, in "my crazy", will not say or do things that I truly want to out of fear of what everybody else will think.  I have come to the realization.  IT DOESN'T MATTER.    There is only one's opinion that matters...God.  I am His favorite and I am pretty sure He is just fine with me running crazy through the mud puddles.  I want to say what I feel really.  I want to not say I want to do things when I really don't out of fear that person won't like me if I don't do this.  I want to do the things that I know God has truly called me to do and not worry about if I am good enough, equipped enough, or if this will fit into everybody's plans.  God's plans are the only ones that truly matter.    This will be a continuous journey.  I will not do it perfectly.  But God does not ask us to do things perfectly.  He just asks us to do them.

1 comment:

Tara O said...

Preach it sistah!!!!! Sometimes it's good to jump in mud puddles.....