Thursday, November 6, 2008

my very thoughtful 2 cents

The election is over. There were lots of prayers because I was really trusting that God would have mercy on us as a country for not being 100% devoted to him. I was supporting John McCain. There were many things that I do not agree with him on, however, there are many important issues to me such as pro- life, marriage, immigration, my choice to home school, taxes, and support of Israel that Obama does not support. I did my civil duty and voted. What is done is done and now, my duty, as a christian is to pray for the new president. Whether I like it or not, he is the president and that is a position that is to be respected. It is not a time to call names and disrespect him as a person.

Daniel 2:21 says He changes the times and the seasons; he removes kings, and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise, and knowledge to those who have understanding; "

This verse gives me comfort knowing He is in control. What amazes me is when is comes down to it, is the president is put there by God. Yes, we have the duty to vote but at the same time He is in control. He is sovereign. Believe me, it is hard for me to totally grasp it either. I just trust in him even when I don't understand it. He does not need to explain himself. Think about it, how many times as a parent do we do things that make no sense to our children but our reasoning is because of our love for them. I think it is like when the Israelites were not living the way they should have. I completely believe that God is trying to show us our need to depend on him and also believe that if we, that belong to Him, cry out to him that he will have mercy on us and give us a leader that loves and serves the Lord.

Judges 3:7 The Israelites did evil in the eyes of the LORD; they forgot the LORD their God and served the Baals and the Asherahs. 8 The anger of the LORD burned against Israel so that he sold them into the hands of Cushan-Rishathaim king of Aram Naharaim, [b] to whom the Israelites were subject for eight years. 9 But when they cried out to the LORD, he raised up for them a deliverer, Othniel son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother, who saved them. 10 The Spirit of the LORD came upon him, so that he became Israel's judge [c] and went to war. The LORD gave Cushan-Rishathaim king of Aram into the hands of Othniel, who overpowered him. 11 So the land had peace for forty years, until Othniel son of Kenaz died.
Ehud 12 Once again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the LORD, and because they did this evil the LORD gave Eglon king of Moab power over Israel. 13 Getting the Ammonites and Amalekites to join him, Eglon came and attacked Israel, and they took possession of the City of Palms. [
d] 14 The Israelites were subject to Eglon king of Moab for eighteen years.
15 Again the Israelites cried out to the LORD, and he gave them a deliverer—Ehud, a left-handed man, the son of Gera the Benjamite.


I do not agree with his views and I personally have nothing against him . I am sure he is a pretty nice guy. However, there are two main issues that really are on my heart to pray for. well actually three:

1st that he would above all else seek God's face and repent and realize his need for him as his savior. Yes, he says he is a "christian" but there are many issues that he believes in that go completely against God. Just because you go to church does not make you a "christian" christian means "little Christ" There is only one thing that makes you a christian and that is by God's grace, realizing that you are a sinner and that there is nothing that you can do or not to do to make God love you. You need to know and believe that Jesus died for you on the cross not only for your sins but the entire worlds. That you will make him your Lord and live for him. (In case you don't agree..the issue is not with me...it is with God. He created this world, He wrote the bible and he can make the decisions of how people come to him and get to heaven. Don't shoot the messenger.) I just know that when I look at who I am without Jesus and it is not pretty. Sure, to those around me I am a pretty good person. But seriously, that is what you see on the outside. I know me on the inside. Being a pretty good person and doing lots of good things does not please God. It is what I do through Him that does.

2ND I pray for his stance on life. He is the most liberal when it comes to abortions. He is very supportive of partial birth abortion. Which is the most disgusting cruel thing ever put into practice. Let me tell you what that is, in case you don't know. The technician uses a sonogram to find the baby's leg, pulls it out and delivers everything but the head. Then a pair of scissors is jammed in to the skull where it followed by having the baby's brains sucked out until the head collapses. this can be done up until a woman goes into labor. Can somebody please explain how you can honestly support this and call it a choice? How would it feel to be pulled out of your nice warm bed in the morning, held down while a pair of scissors was jammed into your head and then have your brains sucked out. Don't dare tell me that baby does not feel pain when this is happening. I also don't want to be told "what if the mother's life is in danger? " doing this procedure is not going to save a woman's life. That is a lie straight from the depths of hell.

3rd I pray that he will support Israel and not go the other way. Israel is the country of God's chosen people. I completely believe that God has blessed this country since it began not only because of the beliefs this country was founded on (which by the way are christian principles) but also because of our support of Israel. If we stop doing that , I can see our hedge of protection going "bye bye." You can see it in the bible all over what happened to countries that tried to destroy Israel. God was, let's just say, not too happy and showed it. Just because we don't go in to Israel and try to destroy it does not mean that we are not accomplices to that by taking our support away. Yes, we serve a loving God but also a just God. Like I said he created this world. He can do what he wants with it. It is like a quote from the Cosby show. Cliff says to Theo " I brought you into this world and I can take you out."

Yes, I am very passionate about my beliefs. However, I will pray for him. I serve an amazing God that does amazing things. He can change people's lives and change people. He does it all the time. He does it even with people we believe will never change. That is what I love about God. He never gives up on us even when we mess up over and over again. even when we do things that are just downright evil and most people would never forgive somebody for ever. I believe Obama can lead this country the way God wants it to be . The question is: Is he willing?

No comments: