Saturday, August 23, 2008

another celebration

So I celebrate today my husband who turns the big 32 today. We met 13 years ago at Applebee's where we both worked at the time. We started out as friends and a common interest of partying (way before out christian days) We then realized we were more than friends a yeaar later, got engaged after three months of dating and got married 11 months later on Nov 14 1998. We are going on ten years. It has been an adventure for sure and would not change any of it because it has brought us both to where we are today. there are times when we did not think we would make it and still be married but we are and are commited until "death do us part" We are complete opposites, which can be challenging...yet at the same time we complement each other. He is a wonderful lover. He is a great friend. He is the best Daddy there ever was and is. There are times when we fight but it is part of who we are.

I will quote from "the Notebook" Well that's what we do, we fight... You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you're back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing. So what? So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like?

This is us. I can't picture my life without him. Hopefully we will have another 32 years together. God brought us together. Our marriage has helped me to grow in areas I never thought I needed to. I am so grateful for everyday I have with you. I love you Doug!!!!





No comments: