Monday, September 21, 2009

The Shack

So this is going to be a two in one blog.  first, to update.  We are settling into our new home in Georgia and adjusting.  We love the neighborhood, love our neighbors, love our new church.  I absolutely love my hubby's work schedule!!!  Which is definitely well deserved especially during the times he will not be with us when he gets deployed or goes out for field training.  These are details I can not give on the internet do to security reasons.  More of my personal thoughts later...



On to my book rerview of  The Shack.  I loved this book.   There is some controversy as to God being portrayed as a woman, but it makes sense when you read it.  (No it is not some feminist agenda.)  What I got out of it is that God will show himself to you what you need him to be at the moment.  He is an awesome God and will do whatever it takes to draw His children to Him.  we, however have to be ready to listen.  Be ready to accept what He is saying to us.  Be ready to do what He is asking us to do.   He can only do so much.  He is not going to force Himself on us.  We are not robots.  We are created with a free will.  He did so because He wants us to desire Him and love Him in the way He loves us.  He desires a relationship not a dictatorship.  This of course makes me humble to know, that despite of who I am, He still wants to have that relatinoship with me.  He never gives up.  He always forgives, even for the same things over and over again.   I am so thankful I am not God.  If I come from a human perspective, I would have given up on me long ago and said forget it, you will never change.  However, He does not work like that.  He knows every thought, every action past, present, and future.  He knows how I will react in ever situation.  Yet, he has open arms.  He will take me in them every time and will forgive me every time.  The beauty of God's forgiveness He remembers the sins no more.  That brings me comfort and gives me the peace I need to know that I can always depend on Him when nothing else is guaranteed.

No comments: