Thursday, January 22, 2009

Skin

Skin Synopsis
This is just a great book for fun reading. Just some plain good brain candy, which one needs every once in awhile. I love Ted Dekker. If you want good suspense novels, than He is a good author to read. I can't really go into details more than the synopsis because it will give the story away. It always kept me on the edge wondering what would happen next, Who "Red" is, and Why each next thing is happening. I was a little disappointed how it ended. When you read it, you may agree or disagree. There is a lot of imagery on sin and how evil and dirty it is. It also gives a good depiction of who we are without Christ. Once again, I can't go into details because it will give to much away. It also is not good for before bedtime reading, due to it may scare the crap out of you and give you bad dreams.

I am also excited Janessa has found a book she loves to read. She needs to read it all the time and will actually forgo T.V. to read it. (Yes, I am jumping up and down in excitement. I want my children to love to read as much as me!!!!) It is 'Where the Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein.

I will start my big reading challenge, see below, come Feb 1st. So, for now I will still be doing some other readings until then. Will post updates on us soon. ;)

No comments: