Wednesday, January 4, 2012

reflection

So Day 2 of The Respect Dare asked to look back on your childhood to see where that could shape your idea of marriage today.  A lot of what I write about this study will be vague that deals with me personally..  Some details are private and need not be shared for the world to see.  However, thankfully, Doug and I have parents that are both still married getting close to fifty years.  I believe this helps, not in every situation.  There are divorces and  separations from our siblings but I believe it did help to lay a foundation of commitment.  I think we take what is good and incorporate it and then take out what we would want to do differently.  As long as each person is committed to changing the things that need to be changed then a marriage can stay together until death do us part.

No comments: