Saturday, June 23, 2012

Just here

There are days I am just here.  There are days when no matter what I do or feel God seems like he is a million miles away.  There are days when I feel like He does not hear.  there are days when I don't feel like I can get filled enough with the Holy Spirit.  There are days when I don't feel his presence.  Today is just one of those days.  These are the days I rely on what I know in my head. These are the days that I remind myself about the Israelite's not hearing from God for 400 years. So if they can go 400 years without hearing form him certainly I can go a few days not "feeling" Him.  These are the days I blast worship music and pour into His Word.  These are the days I just trust what truth is and not my feelings.  My feelings are not always truth.  His word is.  His word I can depend on.  It is days like these where I read things like this:

"Soon I will die, going the way of everything on earth. Deep in your hearts you know that every promise of the LORD your God has come true. Not a single one has failed!  Joshua 23:14

No, I am not dying, but deep in my heart God's promises are true and don't fail.  These are the days I have lyrics running through my head to remind me:
"Tell me, once again 

Who I am to You, who I am to You 

Tell me, lest I forget 

Who I am to You, that I belong to You 

To You "



These are the days when I hear the perfect song that speaks right to my heart and let's me know He is there despite not feeling it.  


No comments: