Wednesday, June 20, 2012

forced rest

My life is on constant go.  A list of things I have to do.  A list of things I want to do.  I love it.  I chose it.  I am not complaining about it.  There are times though it becomes overwhelming and God forces me to stop.  Abruptly.  I attempted a run last night.  I have started back after a couple weeks off and have ran 2 miles every day except two day last week.  Last night I was going to run 2.5 miles.    After one mile I cramped bad and had to stop and then realized how exhausted I was.  I also had been sneezing on and off all day.  So I came home and told the hubby I am exhausted.  I am taking a shower and going to bed.  This was at 7:30.  HI graciously helped with the children and got them to bed.  I was asleep by 8:30ish and woke up at 6:30 this morning.  I am refreshed and ready to go.  There are times when this is needed.  There are times when we as Mom's feel guilty when we do.  I DO NOT.  I have learned that there are things that can just wait.  There are things, and  I know this may be shocking, my husband and children can do without me.  We as wives and moms put to much pressure on ourselves and think we have to do it all and  do it perfectly.  When I start walking on water, I will do it perfectly.   Until then I will let the perfect One perfect me until it is time to be called home.

No comments: