Saturday, November 5, 2011

day 5 of Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful that my van keys were found.  This may seem silly.  But it is not.  they had been missing for almost two weeks.  Today's cars are not just a simple make a new key fix.  It is an expensive fix.  You have to go to the dealership to buy a key that can be programmed for your car.  This costs anywhere from 150.00-500.00.  I vote going back to horse and carriage.  You can get cheaper ones on the internet but you still have to have them programmed which costs extra.   I also don't care if my next car has automatic windows and door openers.  I have three of them  They are the walking, breathing minions that live in my house.   Here is how it can work.  This may be a crazy concept.  I look at child and say "roll down the window"  or  "open the door so I can put the baby in"  I know, insanity.  So we, for two weeks,  were down to one car.  We survived.  We were able to do it.   Minor inconvenience, yes.  Is it nice to have two cars, yes.  Is it a need, no.  In our family it is not.  Some families it is.  So please don't think that if you are reading this that I think if your family has two cars that is is not a necessity.  I realize work situations and medical situations sometimes require more than one vehicle.   Soon we will be going to one car.  We are looking to sell both of ours and pay off debt and hopefully the next car we get will not have a car payment.  It may not look pretty.  It may not be new but it will serve its purpose of getting us to where we need to go and on that day I will be thankful that money used for a car payment can be used for a family vacation or things that our kids want to do.

No comments: