Friday, November 4, 2011

DAy 4 of Thanksgiving


Today I am thankful that our eldest daughter Janessa has been practically cured from her ADHD tendencies.  She was cured through going gluten free.  Some things are still the same but that ids from years and years of her brain being trained into doing things a certain way.  She can still only focus on one task at a time.  She can not multi task.  I need to make sure she is looking at me when I am giving her tasks and I only give them to her one at a time.  In other words I can't tell her go get dressed, put on deodorant, brush your hair and teeth, and clean your room.  I tell her go get dressed then come see me.  Now go brush your hair and teeth then come see me.  She will be one who will need to be a diligent list maker and follower.  This is not a bad thing. I love lists.  I am lost without them.  there have been times when I have asked if changing her diet actually was effective and when I do somebody will tell me how different she is.   Latest example:  Her teacher from church on Wednesdays tells me how different she is than last year.  She is more calm.  She no longer has loud outbursts out of excitement.  She is more engaged and focused. ( I was also told she holds her own with the older boys so if they mess with her like boys do with each other  (typical wrestling and tagging stuff) she will not hold back and becomes like "one of the boys"  her teacher tells them they don't know who they are messing with and she will take em down. )  It made me realize she is stronger than I give her credit for.   I am thankful for what I call the gift of gluten sensitivity because I have been able to help others because of it.   If we are having to have this and it leads to helping others find out what their issues are then I welcome it.



No comments: