Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 8 of 30 days of Thanksgiving


Today I am thankful I started running again after two weeks and still was able to run 2.1 miles in 31 min.    I am also thankful for what helped me get started running.  couch to 5k  My sis- n- law, Barb, did this a few years ago.  I thought to myself i have always wanted to run but running anywhere was tiring.  I tried cross country in high school.  I have always admired marathon runners.  Then I tried it myself.  Then after two weeks I my knees.  I pulled some ligaments.  Then I found out I was pregnant with Charlotte.  So after she was born, after my six weeks. I decided to give it a go again.  I wore knee braces to make sure I didn't cause damage again.  The first three weeks were torture.  I hated it but you know me with a challenge.  I had to complete it to say I did it.  Then I was going to stop.  I then started week 4 and liked the way I felt while running.  I have been doing it ever since.  I don't run 3 miles but I run 2.1 and I am good with that.  (This ties in with my challenge next month to run every day for 30 days)  So for now I am going to be doing every other day.

No comments: