Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 6 of 30 days of Thanksgiving


Today I am very thankful that a trip to the ER last night for our youngest Charlotte was nothing.  Yesterday Abby had her first gymnastics meet and I get a call from my 12 year old that Charlotte was possibly choking and making weird noises.  Her Daddy was there but she was afraid she would get in trouble because she was put in charge while Doug went to do something in the garage.  I told her to get him now.  He monitored her and then decided after some wheezing noises to take her to the hospital and I met him there.   It was intermittent wheezing noises which reminded me of when Hannah was a baby and swallowed a penny that got stuck.    I am also thankful that our experiences at the ER here on post have been good ones.  We were in and out relatively quickly.  OF course, possibly choking is a true emergency so I am sure that is part of the reason.  When I got there I let her nurse and after that she seemed fine.  She was her happy joking self.  She really liked the DR.  She laughed at him and kept saying "ow ow".  To which I thought really?  HE is not even doing anything.  She was just being her silly self.   they took x-rays and they came back clear.  So if she was choking it went down and will turn up later.  

No comments: