Sunday, May 6, 2012

things that come from the underworld

If you want to ask what the underworld is like, I am pretty sure it is having to do medical coding for eternity.  OK that is completely sarcastic because I would rather do medical coding for eternity than be separated from God, but I digress.  This class is torture.  I will be anti social for the next three days.  I have two more assignments and a final exam.  This last assignment I just did today, I started at 5:30 in the evening and just got done 15 minutes ago.  Granted I had a baby that was distracting me who wanted to eat, needed a diaper change, needed a bath, needed to be made sure she did not jump off the couch, literally, but it seriously was ridiculous.  I don't understand the need for a thirty question assignment to code things and give me details that have nothing to do with what I am coding.  A ten to fifteen question assignment I think is plenty to know if I understand what I am doing.   This is why I will be anti-social until Thursday.  I will need all day to do the assignments and take the final exam.  I am thankful for my crock pot.  I am thankful for a husband who will help so I can answer questions without interruption.  I also know as I do every assignment that there is no way on this planet I will do this as a job.  I will be miserable. This in turn will make everybody around me miserable and  the last thing my husband needs is a contentious wife.  I did not plan to work after anyway because I do not feel that calling from God in any shape or form.  I know I am called to be home.  I know I am called to home school the children.  I have peace and contentment about my life now (except for this class obviously but I know that is ending this week.) I would not want to do anything else in the world.  I get such joy and a sense of fulfillment of being the wife and mom that God is calling ME to be.  This is about me not others, to clarify.    Not everybody is called to stay home.  I however, have no doubt, that I am.  I have a great mission field I deal with on a daily basis.  It is challenging and I adore it.  so why, you may ask do I go to school?

1. The husband asked.  HE wanted me to make sure I had something in case something happened.  HE is a soldier,  HE gets deployed.  Things can happen.  It is just reality.

2.  \It is paid for by the Army.  I should take advantage of that scholarship for spouses.

However, the certificate will probably just mean I accomplished the requirements and could do it if I wanted to.  There is a certification I would have to do and I am not going to do it.  This is because it will only be good if I were actually going to get a job and being I am not I would have to get re certified because they change some of the codes yearly. I don't need the stress.

So I will consider changing my "career goal" to something I would enjoy doing like pharmacy technician.  Then again I may just ramp up the crocheting.  That I really enjoy doing and would really love to do that as a job.  We will just have to see what God has in store

No comments: